Sunday, May 2, 2010

One Week Left...


wow.

I can't believe I'm at this point. I have exactly one week until I turn 22, board a plane, and head home to Texas for good. It's been 5 months, but feels like 2. It went by so fast.

Going home is SUCH a good thing though. As much as I love it here, I miss Texas. It's where I belong. I'm so excited to get back to the Hill Country, back to the Tex Mex, back to the Jones family craziness, back to my friends, Pudge and Franklin, of coarse. Texas is my home.

As much as I'm ready to get home, there are somethings I'm going to really miss about NYC...

1. I'll miss being a part of the real world. It'll be hard going back to a classroom. If anything, I'm more ready now than ever to go out there and kick some behind! The saying really is true about this city, "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere."


2. I'll miss my small group girls. I've grown so close to the girls in my small group, specifically Nicole and Kristi. These girls have made such an impact on my life and made living here so much easier. They are incredible, Christian girls who have truly shown me what a Christ-centered friendship can truly be!!

3. The food. Yep, that's right... I've had every single type of food known to man at my fingertips. Plus, there are a million gluten-free options and everywhere delivers to your door... I'll definitely miss that!!

4. Although this is a double-edged sword, I'll miss the pace. I love that everywhere you walk, you feel like you're walking to somewhere important--like you're walking to DO something important. That's what makes this city magical... the feeling that whatever it is you're doing, you're doing something BIG.

5. I'll miss my church here... I haven't missed a Sunday, and today was my last one. I cried a little.

6. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'll miss the shopping, the celebrity sightings and working on a live, national, network broadcast morning show... those too.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have come up here... My parents are incredible. I owe them so much more than I will ever be able to repay them, but I'm ready to come home.

So... In the next 7 days, I have to finish writing my Spanish paper/book, pack everything up, do the last few things I've been wanting to do, celebrate my birthday and head home... busy, but SO fun!!! I am SO BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment